Since its introduction in 2002, the GEO S805 has consistently demonstrated a remarkable ability to project coherent sound over long distances. Arrays of up to 23x S805 Vertical Tangent Array Modules and 1x S830 Horizontal/Vertical Tangent Array Module have been deployed for large indoor and outdoor events, with consistently excellent results in the reproduction of music and speech.
The high output neodymium drivers, the patent-pending Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource and Directivity Phase Device that provide coherent coupling of multiple drivers in large arrays, and the optimized protection of the NX242 Digital TDcontroller combine to produce an unprecedented level of efficiency.
The compact GEO S830 is a high-output array module intended for horizontal tangent arrays or as a downfill element in curved (tangent) vertical arrays to establish consistent SPL in all coverage areas. The HRW allows the 30° S830 and 5° S805 to be coherently arrayed together. GEO S Series loudspeakers ship with 120° dispersion (in the non-coupling plane) Configurable Directivity Devices (CDD), but are field-changeable to 80° CDDs. To maximize down-fill coverage, CDFs are used on GEO S830s for the bottom two rows of curved vertical arrays.
Cardioid Dipolar Subbass
The compact CD12 exhibits innovative control of long wavelength LF energy. The CD12 applies microphone design techniques “in reverse” to produce a hyper-cardioid pattern from twin 12-inch horizontally-opposed woofers.
Sophisticated DSP algorithms, from the NX242 TDcontroller are applied individually to both dual-ported woofers, to produce high-impact forward gain, and +12dB rear attenuation. This means CD12 directs subbass energy towards the audience, and away from open microphones and reverberant surfaces, especially the rear wall.
- Unique directional subbass with hypercardioid pattern keeps subbass energy away from open microphones
- 120° x 120° dispersion, usable output from 39Hz to 250Hz
- Dual-ported 12” woofers fire in opposite directions and are wired in reverse polarity
- Requires NX242 Digital TDcontroller and two amplifier channels: Each woofer is processed separately
- Internally braced Baltic birch cabinet minimizes in-band resonances
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint
- Integrated flying system for use with curved vertical GEO S Series tangent arrays
- Cabinets designed for stable ground stacking