Constant Curvature WST Line Source
- K1 grade components
- Optimized for high SPL, LF impact and medium-throw applications
- Adaptive and predictable directivity to suit many audience geometries
- Constant tonal balance with distance
- FOH system, fills and distributed designs for touring or fixed installation
- Clarity, intelligibility, impact and precision for live music
- Amplified controller advanced system drive and protection
- Sonic compatibility orf preset library with other LA systems
- Plug and play package, quick set-up and easy stacking and flying
POWER AND SIMPLICITY
The ARCS II constant curvature line source is optimized for medium throw applications. Boasting K1-grade drivers in a 2-way active enclosure, ARCS II delivers very high SPL levels, native low-frequency performance and constant tonal balance over distance. ARCS II is simple to use, with its constant curvature design and is particularly recommended for indoor L/C/R applications, medium-sized outdoor festivals or as a fill complement to large K systems.
In the enclosure coupling plane, the razorsharp SPL off-axis rejection is used to avoid reflecting surfaces. In the perpendicular plane, the smooth SPL roll off and asymmetric directivity of ARCS II can be used to maximize stereo imaging and perfectly adjust to the audience geometry.
The SB28 enclosure is a recommended Subwoofer companion for the K1, KUDO, L-Acoustics V-DOSC and ARCS systems, lowering the combined system operating range down to 25 Hz.
The SB28 contains two 18'' direct radiating LF transducers integrated into a bass-reflex tuned enclosure.The specially designed 18'' transducers provide an exceptional cone excursion capability combined with low thermal compression even at the very highest operating levels. The bass-reflex vents feature a progressive profile allowing laminar airflow. The association of the modern components with the new vents delivers a greatly improved +5 dB peak SPL output compared to the previous standards.
The control and amplification of the SB28 is managed by the LA8 platform.The DSP filtering encompasses advanced crossover functions, system EQ, and L-DRIVE thermal and overexcursion protection of the transducers. The L-Acoustics LA8 amplified controller offers the following drive modes:
- The ''standard'' mode using SB28 as a companion to K1, KUDO, L-Acoustics V-DOSC and ARCS, featuring a low-pass filter at 60 Hz ([SB28_60] preset) or closely coupled to ARCS with a low-pass filter at 100 Hz ([SB28_100] preset)
- The ''cardioid'' mode using SB28 as a companion to K1, KUDO, L-Acoustics V-DOSC, and ARCS, featuring a low-pass filter at 60 Hz ([SB28_60_C] preset) or closely coupled to ARCS with a low-pass filter at 100 Hz ([SB28_100_C] preset)
The performance of the SB28 enclosure depends upon the choice of preset and physical system configuration.Made of high grade Baltic birch plywood, the cabinet also features industry standard Aeroquip rails for line array rigging.