Large Scale, 3-Way Line Array Enclosure
The Martin Audio W8L Longbow is an evolution of the successful W8L line array system. It brings a new level of performance to the most demanding sound reinforcement applications such as outdoor festivals, sports stadiums and the largest arenas.
In the low frequency section, the 15” (380mm) Hybrid bass horn design is responsible for the tight, punchy and extended low frequency performance of the W8L Longbow. Development of a completely new ultra-long excursion driver gives the W8L Longbow the ability to displace almost twice the volume of air as the W8L when driven with the same input signal. This advance lifts the already formidable low-end performance to a new level and extends the low frequency -3dB point down to 35Hz.
The mid-horn of the W8L Longbow utilises 2 x 8” (200mm)/2” (50mm) coil drivers to produce 109dB at 1 metre for a 1 watt input. The twin 8” (200mm) mid-horn geometry and short, toroidal ‘donut’ phase plug work together to maintain a low curvature Wavefront and wide 90° horizontal coverage pattern of the mid frequencies right up the 2.5kHz crossover point.
Since the launch of the W8L, Martin Audio has developed a patent pending technology, which provides an exceptional degree of control over the curvature of the high frequency vertical wavefront. Our research has shown that even very long throw systems benefit from a small but specific amount of wavefront curvature. By coupling this technology with significant advances in high frequency device design we have created a quad-driver, high frequency system with the very high efficiency of 119dB (1W/1m). This allows the W8L Longbow to cope with the most adverse atmospheric conditions which can severely attenuate high frequencies over long distances. The new high frequency system also results in improved HF summation of cabinets in the array and a corresponding reduction of side lobes.
The proprietary rigging system of the W8L Longbow is quick to deploy and allows a wide range of array curvatures to be achieved as called up by the Display or Viewpoint array optimization software. W8L Longbow columns are hinged at the front for gapfree HF coverage. Inter-cabinet angles from 0° to 7.5° are set by a rotating splay bar at the rear of the enclosure.
W8L Longbow systems are designed to be powered by Martin Audio MA12K amplifiers.
- Large scale, three-way line array element
- Horn loaded 15" (380mm) LF – 106dB @1W, 1m (single cabinet)
- Twin 8" (200mm) mid-horn - 109dB @1W, 1m (single cabinet)
- Quad 1" (25mm) HF horn - 119dB @1W, 1m (single cabinet)
- Consistent 90º horizontal mid and HF pattern control
- Fast, integral rigging system with variable splay angles
- ViewPoint array optimisation software
- Factory controller presets for a wide variety of configurations
- Compatible with flown or ground stacked W8LS
- Compatible with ground stacked WLX, WSXa, WS218X
- Live Sound Reinforcement: Outdoor concerts, stadiums and indoor arenas
- Fixed Installations
3-Way Downfill Line Array Element
The Martin Audio Wavefront W8LD is a line array downfill enclosure which connects directly to the bottom of a W8L Longbow array and covers from the front row out to up to 20m when using two W8LD cabinets. The exceptionally wide 120° horizontal dispersion increases coverage to front row central and off-stage areas, with full pattern control maintained right up to 15kHz. The all-horn design follows the same format as the W8L Longbow and continues the extension of the line array at low,mid and high frequencies.
- High performance three-way line array downfill enclosure
- for use with W8L
- High power – maximum SPL 136dB continuous, 142dB peak
- (single unit)
- Superior bass impact – all horn design
- Wide bandwidth – 55Hz-18kHz ±3dB (single unit)
- True 120° (-6dB) horizontal mid and HF pattern control
- 20° vertical dispersion
- Smooth transition from W8LD to W8L Longbow array
- Fast, integral rigging system, connects directly to W8L Longbow
- Viewpoint array optimisation software
- Used at the bottom of W8L Longbow arrays in 1’s or 2’s to cover first 20m (two cabinets)
- Low profile sidefill, on top of W8LS
- Premium club installations
- Three-way downfill line array element
- 12” (300mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil,neodymium magnet, Hybrid® bass horn loaded
- 2 x 6.5” (165mm)/1.5” (37.5mm) coil drivers,horn loaded
- 3 x 1” (25mm) exit neodymium magnet HF compression drivers, horn loaded
- LF: 1000W AES, 4000W peak
- MF: 200W AES, 800W peak
- HF: 200W AES, 800W peak
RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER MA12K
- LF: 104.5dB
- MF: 107dB
- HF: 113dB
- LF: 134.5dB continuous, 140.5dB peak (calculated @ 1m)
- MF: 130dB continuous, 136dB peak
- HF: 136dB continuous, 142dB peak
- LF: 8 ohms
- MF: 8 ohms in UPPER mode, 12 ohms in
- HF: 6 ohms UPPER mode, 10 ohms in
- 120º horizontal, 20º vertical
- 220Hz, 2.5kHz active via DX1.5 or DX2 controller
- Vertical trapezoid with 10º wall angle, multilaminate birch ply construction
- Textured black or grey paint
- Black or grey perforated steel
- Proprietary rigging system, 4 x bar handles,
- 8 x interlocking skids
- (W) 1314mm x (H) 490mm x (D) 755mm (inc. wheelboard) (911mm)
- (W) 51.7ins x (H) 19.3ins x (D) 29.7ins (35.9ins)
Dual-Driver Vented Sub-Bass System
The WS218X is a high performance sub-bass system designed for use with large scale systems, in both Live and Installed applications. Featuring a 1000 Watt 18" (460mm) drive unit with magnet structure and suspension engineered for maximum linear excursion.
- Dual, direct radiating long excursion 18" (460mm) drivers
- High temperature 4" (100mm) voice coils
- High power – 138dB continuous, 144dB peak
- Fitted with handles and castors
- Medium/large scale touring systems
- Theatre sound systems
- Club sound reinforcement
- Special effects sub-bass
Featuring twin, 1000 watt 18" (460mm) drive units with magnet structure and suspension engineered for maximum linear excursion.
The birch ply cabinet is fitted with six pocket handles and four 4" (100mm) castors for easy deployment. It features large area porting to reduce air noise.
WS218X subwoofers are designed to be powered by Martin Audio MA12K or MA9.6K amplifiers.
- Dual-driver vented sub-bass system
- 35Hz-150Hz ± 3dB,-10dB @ 28Hz
- 2 x 18" (460mm)/4" (100mm) voice coil, ultra- long excursion, water resistant cone
RATED POWER (1)
MAXIMUM SPL (3)
- 138dB continuous, 144dB peak (half space)
- 70Hz-150Hz, via DX1.5 or DX2 controller
- 320 litre, multi-laminate birch ply
- LF1: 1+,1- & 2+,2-
- LF2: 3+,3- & 4+,4-
- 4 x 4" (100mm) castors
- 6 x pocket handles
- 2 x front lid fittings
- (W) 1066mm x (H) 561mm x (D) 780mm(911mm)
- (W) 42ins x (H) 22.1ins x (D) 30.7ins (35.9ins)