Modular WST Line Source
- Compact and lightweight design, compliant with rigging and sightline constraints
- Extended LF resources for contour requirements from flat to medium
- Clarity, intelligibility and precision for vocal, speech and lead instruments
- 110° horizontal directivity for distributed applications, fills and central clusters
- LA-RAK (LA8) advanced system drive and protection
- State-of-the-art rigging system for high accuracy and quick set-up
- White and architectural RAL color available (KARAi)
KARA SMOOTH AND FLEXIBLE
The Kara modular line source delivers ultimate flexibility to any sound design, with its optional low frequency extension. This active, two-way compact enclosure boasts exceptional throw as well as smooth and wide horizontal directivity
Deployed alone, Kara is ideal for enhanced speech and vocal programs. With the SB18 subwoofer, Kara delivers a full range performance, capable of reproducing high impact low frequency for the most energetic music concerts.
An install version with streamlined rigging and a custom color palette allows Kara to adapt to any install which calls for architectural discretion.
The SB18 is the universal subwoofer designed for modular WST line sources and coaxial systems, lowering the combined system operating range down to 32 Hz. Its compact size and integrated rigging make it extremely well suited for coupled configurations with KARA. The association of a specifically designed 18’’ transducer with a dual bass-reflex tuned enclosure provides exceptional impact and high sensitivity, low thermal compression and reduced distortion. The vents feature a progressive profile allowing laminar airflow and reduced turbulence noise even at the very highest operating levels. These combined properties contribute to the sonic qualities of the SB18 in terms of precision and musicality. The control and amplification of the SB18 managed by either the LA4 or LA8 (LA-RAK) platform. The onboard DSP filtering encompasses advanced crossover functions, system EQ, and dual thermal and over-excursion protection of the transducer. The L-ACOUSTICS amplified controllers offer the following drive modes:
- The ‘‘standard’’ mode using SB18 as a companion to KUDO, KARA, KIVA-KILO, ARCS and featuring a low-pass filter at 60 Hz ([SB18_60] or closely coupled to KARA, ARCS and XT with a low-pass filter at 100 Hz ([SB18_100] preset).
- The ‘‘cardioid’’ mode using SB18 as a companion to KUDO, KARA, KIVA-KILO, ARCS and featuring a low-pass filter at 60 Hz ([SB18_60_C] or closely coupled to KARA, ARCS and XT with a low-pass filter at 100 Hz ([SB18_100_C] preset).
The performance of the SB18 enclosure depends upon the choice of preset and physical system configuration. Made of Baltic birch plywood, the cabinet also features a pole mount socket for use with one XT or two KIVA enclosures.