Fullsize 3-Way High Directivity Line Array Element, Composite Enclosure
The VT4889 Three-Way Line Array Element is designed to deliver high-quality reinforcement of music and speech in a variety of applications including concert audio and corporate A/V presentations of all types for both portable users and fixed venue installations.
- Advanced construction techniques and hybrid materials provide exceptionally rigid, lightweight enclosure construction
- Advanced technology components: Differential Drive, neodymium magnet, dual voice coil, Direct Cooled cone transducers for low weight and high output
- Industry’s smallest, lightest, most powerful 1.5˝ exit, 3˝ diaphragm high- frequency compression driver
- Proprietary waveguides couple to create precision HF vertical slot aperture
- Radiation Boundary Integrator (R.B.I.): Patented technology integrates output of individual bandpass elements
- Rugged DuraFlex exterior finish weatherized components
- Interated S.A.F.E. suspension system: premium heat-treated alloys provide rigid, reliable hanging arrays
Dual 18" Arrayable Subwoofer
The VT4880 is a rugged, lightweight, centrally-vented enclosure housing two 18" woofers. These advanced components, each fitted with dual voice coils, provide a high output power-to-weight ratio.
The PlyMax enclosure features: foambacked perforated steel grille speaker cones treated with weather-resistant compounds. Protective end-caps safeguard the suspension hardware while allowing vertical stacking of multiple enclosures on end using integral end-mounted, scuffresistant pads, keyed for aligning surfaces and preventing slippage.
VERTEC suspension systems are engineered for maximum support strength, and flexibility. The VT4880’s suspension hardware (same as the full range VT4889) relies on quick-release pins and endmounted metal frames to couple adjacent units together in rigid arrays. Suspension frames are made from premium-grade chromoly alloy steel with plated surfaces; hinge bars are plated and quick-release pin restraining lanyards are stainless steel to resist corrosion.
The low-frequency capabilities of a multienclosure VT4880 array will be determined by the total number of units coupled. The directivity of a subwoofer line array at any given frequency is proportional to the product of frequency and length of the array. The beamwidth will be inversely proportional to the product of the array’s length and the frequency of interest, typically 20-80 Hz for subwoofer applications.
The more subwoofer elements that are used in the array, the greater directivity will be at lower frequencies, enabling better pattern control. Medium to large arrays can generate extreme amounts of sub-low frequency energy.
- Advanced, Ultra Long Excursion Components: Differential Drive Neodymium Magnet, Dual Voice Coil, Direct Cooled cone transducers
- Advanced Technology Components: Differential Drive Neodymium Magnet, Dual Voice Coil, Direct Cooled™ cone transducers
- JBL PlyMax engineered wood materials provide rigid, yet lightweight enclosure Rugged DuraFlex exterior finish; weather-resistant components
- Patented, integrated S.A.F.E. suspension system with premium heat-treated alloys Th
The VT4880 Dual 18" Subwoofer Line Array Element is designed to deliver high quality sound reinforcement of sub-low frequencies for a wide variety of live music and A/V support applications. Typical uses include concert audio and multi-media presentations of all types.