FOHHN expands its PERFORM-SERIES with the PT-70 – a high performance, 2-way loudspeaker system with cardioid functionality that has been specially developed for concert sound and touring applications. The new loudspeaker makes an ideal sound system for concerts in tents, halls and clubs, or for town festivals and smaller open-air events. It also acts as a solid extension for line arrays and large Beam Steering systems. For the rental market, the PT-70 has many applications as a multifunctional loudspeaker system.
The PT-70 contains two 12" chassis with compression chamber and horn, plus a 1.4" compression driver with CD horn. It features a passive crossover which splits up the loudspeaker‘s audio signal. An Intelligent Protection Circuit (IPC), a voltage-controlled semiconductor circuit, protects the high frequency driver from overload - quickly and reliably.
The loudspeaker system also features CONVERTIBLE DISPERSION TECHNOLOGY (CDT), which is registered as a utility model. This technology enables the PT-70 to be switched between cardioid and vented operation. In cardioid mode, the sound dispersion at low-mid range frequencies is effectively reduced at the system‘s back. Thus first-class sound reproduction and speech intelligibility are ensured. The PT-70 has been solely developed for operation with FOHHN speaker presets - especially with FOHHN Class D amplifier D-2.1500: The system‘s equalizing occurs within the FOHHN DSP, which also includes all of the protective functions that are required for a safe operation. Together with this amplifier and FOHHN subwoofers, the PT-70 delivers excellent results.
- two variants: 90° or 60° horizontal sound dispersion
- fully horn-loaded passive loudspeaker, 2-way
- components: 2 × 12" with horn and compression chamber / 1 × 1.4" on CD-Horn
- 2-way split with passive crossover including IPC high frequency protection
- effective sidelobe suppression through a midrange waveguide
- switchable between cardioid and vented operation (CDT)
- in cardioid mode: effective reduction of low-mid rear sound
- maximum SPL: 140 dB
- low weight (39 kg)
- steel braced birch plywood housing
- front grille in housing colour – with acoustic foam behind
- supplied as standard with black, weatherproofed polyurethane coating that includes UV protection and waterproofed membrane
- available in all RAL Classic colours
- well-designed mounting system for tripod use and flown applications (2 × Quicklock locks for flying brackets and AEROQUIP flying tracks, 2 × eyelets for safety)
- equipped with 2 × Neutrik NL4 Speakon connectors.