Sennheiser introduced its second-generation Evolution Wireless G2 Series of radio microphone equipment, the new EM550-G2 Wireless Series dual-channel true-diversity receiver with active antennae splitter, at InfoComm 2004.
A central component of the ew 500 G2 Series, the EM550-G2 twin receiver can be combined with any ew 500 Series transmitter for a high-end, multipurpose system. Incorporating some of the features of the higher-end Sennheiser professional receivers, the EM550-G2 includes AutoScan for simple and secure frequency selection, while the 1,440 frequencies made available by the broader 36MHz switching bandwidth offer users increased tuning flexibility.
An adjustable pilot tone-squelch feature incorporated allows microphone transmitters to be switched on or off noise-free, but may be defeated for backward-compatibility with original Evolution Wireless systems. Additional new features include an intuitive user menu and large backlit displays. The robust metal construction of the half-rackspace unit ensures durability.
- RF frequency range: 518-866 MHz
- Transmission/receiving frequencies: 1440
- Presets: max 20
- Switching bandwidth: 36 MHz
- Peak deviation: +/- 48 kHz
- Compander: HDX
- Frequency response (microphone): 40-18000 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 115 dB(A)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0,9 %
- In compliance with ETS 300422 , ETS 300445 , CE , FCC
- Antenna connector: 2 BNC, 50 Ohm
- Audio-XLR connector: 6,3 mm
- Audio output level (balanced) XLR: +18 dBu max
- Power supply: 90-264 V AC
- Dimensions (Receiver): 436 x 215 x 43 mm
- Weight (Receiver): 3500 g