The VerTec VT4887 Three-Way Line Array Element is designed to deliver high-quality reinforcement of music and speech in a variety of applications including concert audio and corporate A/V presentations of all types for both portable users and fixed venue installations.
The VT4887 is a compact, lightweight enclosure housing two 8” woofers, four 4” midrange radiators, and two high frequency compression drivers. Advanced components provide the highest power-to-weight ratio of any speaker system in its class.
Enclosure features foam-backed low frequency grilles, dense protective foam inserts for midrange apertures, and a fine steel mesh grille to protect high-frequency apertures. Speaker cones are treated with weather-resistant compounds. Rigging tubes made of hard-black anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum. Hinge bars made from premium-grade chromoly alloy steel, with epoxy powder coating over zinc-plated surfaces. Cadmium-plated hinge pins and stainless steel quick-release pin lanyards to resist corrosion and weather damage.
VERTEC arrays are rigid for maximum support strength, yet flexible in design and application. The VT4887’s suspension hardware relies on quick-release pins and endmounted metal tubes to couple adjacent VT4887’s together. Enclosure ships with integral front and rear hinge bar set. Protective grille cover/wheel board and soft cover to ensure handy transport for rough road conditions, purchased separately as VT4887-ACC.
- Advanced technology components: Differential Drive, neodymium magnet, dual voice coil, Direct Cooled cone transducers for low weight and high output.
- Waveguide units couple to create precision HF vertical slot aperture.
- Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI): Patented technology integrates output of individual bandpass elements.
- Advanced construction techniques and hybrid materials provide exceptionally rigid, lightweight enclosure construction.
- Rugged DuraFlex exterior finish weatherized components.
- Patented, integrated S.A.F.E. suspension system: premium heat-treated alloys provide high-strength, reliable hanging arrays.
- Pre-engineered to accept optional JBL DrivePack amplified electronics package. Rear-panel mechanical attachments and electrical connections ensure upgrade path to self-powered system.
- For use in stand-alone arrays or in combination with other VERTEC DP SERIES system products.