A True Sonic Powerhouse
Compact in size but big on features, the SD12 raises the bar as a multi-application digital console at an exceptionally affordable price point. Not only is the SD12 a true sonic powerhouse, it is the first in the SD-Range to feature an integrated recording interface which makes virtual sound checking a snap.
Designed to provide optimum performance in live touring, corporate, install, house of worship, theatre and broadcast environments, the SD12 incorporates the latest generation Super FPGA technology and Core 2 software to deliver unrivalled power and connectivity in a compact frame.
Designed for even easier operation, the SD12’s new DVI display output provides an overview of the console, while brighter LED meters and a DiGiCo Lightbar ensure optimum visibility. Dual 15-inch touchscreens, two assignable master faders and advanced surface connectivity is provided in the form of optional DMI cards.
under the hood
The SD12 boasts 72 channels at 48kHz/96kHz, delivering a wealth of functionality. Standard channel processing across both inputs and outputs includes Channel Delay, Single and Multi-Channel presets, Dual insert points Hi- and Lo-pass filters at 24dB/octave, four-band parametric EQ with band curve selection, DiGiCo’s DYN 1 (Compressor, De-esser or Multiband Compressor) and DYN 2 (Gate, Compressor or Ducker).
On board are 119 Dynamic EQ processors which can be assigned to any of the input or output channels; 119 Multiband Compressors and 119 DiGiTuBes. All channels deliver the same pure signal path and feature set, so no matter how you set up your console, you never lose any resources. Within the master section are 16 graphic EQs, 12 digital effects, and up to 12 control groups (VCAs). Using snapshots, engineers can switch between complete configurations at a touch.
The SD12’s 36 busses are assignable as sub-groups or auxiliaries, while further configurability comes courtesy of a 12×8 output matrix, dual solo busses, and a Master buss. Unlike all other digital console manufacturers, you don’t lose Aux or Group Busses when using the Matrix as they are in addition, including the Master buss.
The SD12’s extensive local I/O section offers eight mic line inputs, eight line outs, eight mono AES/EBU and dual MADI in/out. The SD12 comes complete with dual DMI (DiGiCo Multichannel Interface) option card slots, perfect for expandability with industry formats such as Analogue expansion, MADI, Dante, Waves SoundGrid, or Calrec’s Hydra 2 Network.
Users can also choose a factory-fit Optocore option which allows for connectivity to all DiGiCo racks and consoles in a redundant loop, and a DiGiCo SoundGrid DMI module giving instant access to 32 fully integrated low-latency Waves stereo MultiRacks.
- Faders: 26 x 100mm touch-sensitive, motorised
- Screens: 2 x 15” LCD high – resolution touch screens
- Input Channels: 72
- Busses: Up to 36 plus masters Aux / Group busses with full processing Mono / Stereo / LCR
- Matrix: Up to 12 Input / 8 Outputs with full processing
- Control Groups: Up to 12, selectable for VCA-style, Moving fader, Mute Group
- Graphic Eq: 16 x 32-band, Gain +/- 12dB
- Internal FX: Up to 12 stereo effects comprising of reverbs and delay/chorus/pitch/enhancer
- Local I/O: 8 x mic/line I/O, 8 x AES I/O
- MADI interface: 2 Interfaces, BNC connectivity
- Optic interface: Optional
- Sampling rates: 48kHz / 96kHz
- GPIO: 2 x DSub37
- DMI: 2 x DiGiCo Multichannel Interface
- Ext Sync: Wordclock, AES, MADI, Optics
- SD12 Dimensions: 1124 mm (w) x 795 mm (d) x 389 mm (h)
- SD12 Weight: 42Kg / 96lbs.(130Kg / 287lbs. with optional flightcase)
- SD12 Flightcase: 1270 mm (w) x 570 mm (d) x 1150 mm (h)
- SD12 Power Requirements : 90V-260V, 50-60Hz, 150VA. (140W)
- Sample rate: 96kHz or 48kHz
- Processing delay: 1ms Typical (channel, SD-Rack input through L-R buss to stage output at 96kHz)
- Internal processing: Up to 40-bit, floating point A to D & D to A 24-bit Converter Bit Depth
- Frequency response: +/- 0.6dB (20Hz – 20kHz)
- THD: 0.05% at unity gain, 10dB input at 1kHz
- Channel Seperation: Better than 90dB (40Hz – 15kHz)
- Microphone Input: Better than -126dB Equivalent Noise
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu:
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu: