Now firmly established on riders and in performance Venues around the world, the Soundcraft Vi6 has been Acclaimed as one of the most ergonomic, user-friendly and best-sounding large format digital console around. Audio quality is assured thanks to the integration of a proven DSP engine and algorithms from sister company Studer, who's digital broadcast consoles like Vista and On-Air 3000 are highly respected in national, state and independent broadcast studios and OB trucks throughout the world.
Ergonomically, the Vi6 offers a wonderfully inviting user experience, thanks to the patented Vistonics II 'knobs-on-glass' channel strip interface. As another Innovation from Studer, Vistonics provides an incredibly tactile 'where you look is where you control' Operating philosophy which combines the speed of access and visibility of controls of an analogue desk with the power of icon-based graphics and fully recallable settings that can only come from a digital console. The provision of 32 input faders plus a 12-fader master section makes changing layers much less frequent, enhancing the speed of Operation, and world-class effects and processing from Lexicon and BSS completes the picture.
The Vi6 offers connectivity to almost every type of digital audio format out there, via integration of Studer's D21m modular IO system, and comes complete with a modular remote Stagebox with a choice of either optical or copper connection to the main console.
Features available when a Vi2/4/6 console is upgraded with this option:
- New-look 3D-Vistonics touchscreen graphics, as Vi000-series consoles
- 30-second Fast-boot
- Faster surface response, particularly on layer changes
- Functioning Setup buttons for encoder USER mode assign and F1-6-key assign
- Shure Mic Monitoring
- Full-featured ViSi Remote, with EQ, Dynamics & metering (V6.2 s/w and ViSi Remote V3.2 onwards)
- ‘Mirroring’ of two consoles (V6.2 s/w onwards)
- Ability to control the console on-line using Virtual Vi as well as the Control Surface
- Input channels assignable to Master Bay feature (V6.2 s/w onwards)
- Increased number of insert points (64) and tie lines (128)
- Ability to use the upgraded Surface with either a Vi4/6 ‘Classic’ Local Rack, or a Vi5/7000 Local Rack *
- Local I/O can either use original passive breakout box on Classic Local Rack, or ABB on Vi5/7000 Local Rack
- Ability to benefit from future software updates on the V6.x software platform (new features may be restricted compared with Vi000-series due to the limitations of the surface and DSP in the Local Rack)
*Features from Vi5/7000 that are NOT available with the Vi4/600 Control Module upgrade are:
- 128 inputs not available (channel count remains at 96ch assuming minimum of 3 DSP cards in Classic rack, or 5 or 8 DSP cards in a Vi5/7000 Local Rack).
- 96kHz sample rate operation not available
- BSS DPR 901ii Dynamic EQ not available
- vMIX automatic microphone mixing not available
These features are ONLY available by implementing a FULL Vi5000/7000 Upgrade or by purchasing a complete new Vi5000/7000 system (see the Vi5000 or 7000 web pages for product details and information about the upgrade possibilities).