The TOURACK-L contains three Lab.gruppen PLM+ 12K44 amplifiers with an ACP1-L connection panel and a HP/Aruba J9777A switch in our 19" / 10U Rack10T.
- 1 × 15" LF
- 1 × 1,4" HF Coaxial
- 1× Rack10T
- 3× Lab.gruppen PLM+ 12K44 amplifiers with permanent connection to 3× 32 A
- 1× HP/Aruba J9777A switch
- 1× ACP1-L connection panel
- 3× back-fitted 16 A safety socket
- 1× front-fitted service socket (Schuko)
- 2× rack fans
- 1× rack light
- 3× 32 A circuit breakers
- 3× 16 A circuit breakers
- 3× indicator lights (1× per phase)
Power specifications (per amp)
- 4× 1900 W @ 8 Ω
- 4× 3000 W @ 4 Ω
- 4× 3000 W @ 2 Ω
TOURACK mains voltage:
380-400 V, 47-63 Hz
- raised cosine equalization
- 1800 ms delay
- linear phase and parametric filters (IIR, highpass, lowpass, allpass)
- definable LimiterMax™ - peak- and power limiter per channel
Operation / remote
- via display on the device
- via network and Lake controller software
TOURACK inputs and links
- ACP1-L patch panel input section:
- 1× XLR AES3 in, internal terminated
- 2× XLR analog in
- 2× XLR analog link out
- 2× etherCON for Dante audio
- Network and controlling via connection to built-in switch
- ACP1-L patch panel output section:
- 12× speakON™ NL4
- 3× speakON NL8
TOURACK mains connector
- 1× 32 A CEE in (3L+N+PE, 6h) male
- 1× 32 A CEE link out (3L+N+PE, 6h) female
TOURACK dimensions (H × W × D) :
560 × 760 × 700 mm [22.05 × 29.92 × 27.56 in]
TOURACK weight :
120 kg [265 lbs]
THE PLM 12K44 COMBINES A 4-IN, 4-OUT CONFIGURATION WITH INDUSTRY-STANDARD DANTE NETWORKING, SETTING THE BENCHMARK FOR POWERED LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
The PLM 12K44 is the natural successor of the proven, road tested, and trusted Lab.gruppen touring foundation exemplified by the iconic PLM series, but with an additional new powerful feature set: the ability to rationalize power allocation between channels to optimize performance. Now packaged in an extended 4-in, 4-out configuration together with twice the processing power via the latest version 6.3 Lake Controller release, plus industry-standard Dante® networking, the PLM 12K44 sets the benchmark for Powered Loudspeaker Management Systems.
The PLM 12K44 combines four channels of extremely powerful amplification with unrivalled signal processing and audio management. At the core of the system concept is the total integration of all devices – including networking, audio I/O, signal processing, amplifiers, power supply and connected mains supply – allowing complete control and monitoring of the entire platform, resulting in unique operational benefits.
Rational Power Management (RPM)
On top of the outstanding performance users have come to expect from a PLM, the 12K44 also features Rational Power Management (RPM), a proprietary Lab.gruppen technology that provides designers and systems techs with unprecedented freedom to allocate the available output power of each amplifier channel for optimum performance with specific load conditions. For the first time, RPM provides true flexibility in allocating available power across the four output channels. Each channel of the PLM 12K44 may be tailored to meet the requirements of the connected load, and any power not used for that channel may be allocated for use on other channels.
RPM helps to avoid amplifier over-specification, or bridging of adjacent channels in order to meet minimum demands on one power-hungry load, which would otherwise result in a loss of channel count. RPM technology also enables the user to minimize equipment costs, reduce rack space and improve long-term energy efficiency – all achievable without compromising sonic performance. Rational Power Management incorporates features that safeguard the defined power output of one or more specified channels. From within the CAFÉ software, it allows the desired power demand to be calculated for the different loads in several different ways. RPM then analyses the desired power in relation to the channel and device constraints and guides the system designer towards the most effective way of powering the PA.
Rational Power Management results in real-world savings, both immediate and long-term. In many cases, fewer amplifiers – or lower cost models – may be specified while still fulfilling all power requirements. It also allows better mains management, avoiding over-specification of mains distribution, cooling, and UPS (where required). Finally, the overall gains in efficiency in larger systems will minimize current consumption and reduce operation costs – a “green bonus” for the system owner.
The Power of Lake Processing
The PLM 12K44 features the legendary power of exclusive Lake Processing algorithms, incorporating four full-featured Lake modules with four discrete channels of audio throughput input to output. Audio signals are selectable from four channels of analog (with Iso-Float ground isolation), four channels via AES3 digital inputs and eight dual redundant Dante networked digital inputs. Input signals are individually selectable for each channel, with programmable failover to a lower prioritized input.
The full-featured, on-board Lake Processor includes group control with Raised Cosine MESA EQ asymmetric filters to match the responses of any loudspeaker system. LimiterMax peak and RMS limiters set the industry standard for loudspeaker protection and sonic transparency.
The included Lake Controller software provides a unified interface for control of Lake functions and for comprehensive monitoring of both amplifier status and connected loudspeaker loads. Optimized for a wireless tablet PC, Lake Controller is easy and intuitive to operate, with the “feel” of real-time analog faders and controls. Lake Controller also features seamless integration with third party, real-time sound system measurement, optimization, and control software packages. Users can measure spectrum and transfer function and adjust system EQ at the same time, using the same user interface.
Lake Processing offers classical crossovers (selectable up to 48 dB per octave) as well as linear-phase crossovers capable of slopes exceeding 180 dB per octave for greater control to limit lobing and off-axis cancellation.
CAFE for Green Credentials
CAFÉ (Configuring Amplifiers For the Environment) is a software suite that allows the PLM 12K44 to be easily configured and monitored in the most efficient manner possible.
In addition to providing comprehensive system surveillance and configuration of RPM and other amplifier features such as ISVPL and Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL), CAFÉ also includes valuable help to save the environment. In combination with the RPM configuration CAFÉ can accurately predict estimations of average mains current draw and generated heat, and utilizing the PLM+ Series’ innovative power supply technologies in combination with BEL the mains draw can be safeguarded to a predicted level. The end result is precise mains management and thermal control, which allows more accurate (rather than over-specified) provision of mains distribution, cabling and cooling. This technology suite reduces lifetime running costs and minimizes environmental impact. It also reduces demands on UPS systems.
TECH SPEC OVERVIEW
- 3000 W per channel @ 2.67 ohms
- 3000 W per channel @ 4 ohms
- 2U chassis weighing only 16.5 kg (36 lbs)
- Class TD output stage
- Universal (70 - 265 V) Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) works anywhere in the world
- Power factor correction (PFC) helps maintain full output during extended power bursts
- Copper-finned Intercooler with transverse-mounted output devices
- Comprehensive loudspeaker preset database
- LoadSmart load verification
- Dante low-latency digital network included as standard
- Compatible with Lake LM Series, and Lab.gruppen PLM and D Series
- Primary and secondary network connections
- Digitally controlled and recallable “amplifier gain” adjustable in 0.1 dB steps
- Digital output attenuation in 0.25 dB steps from -inf to 0 dB
- Binding post or Neutrik speakON output connectors
- Digitally implemented, zero-overshoot Inter-Sample
- Voltage Peak Limiting (ISVPL) adjustable in 0.1 V steps from 17.8 to 194 V
- Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL) prevents mains tripping
- Under-Voltage Limiting (UVL) enables continued operation with mains voltage sags as low as 65 V
- High-Resolution daylight viewable LCD display
- Moisture resistant silicone touchpad