THE PLM 14000 EXTENDS THE PLM SERIES WITH A TWO-INPUT, TWO-OUTPUT POWER PLATFORM OPTIMIZED FOR HIGH-POWER REQUIREMENTS.
Power Amplifier Although based on technology in Lab.gruppen’s road-proven FP+ Series, the amplifier platform in the PLM 14000 Powered Loudspeaker Management system incorporates further enhancements for even greater sustained output power. The basic output topology remains Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD (offering Class D efficiency with the sonic purity of Class B designs), but with new circuitry for substantially greater current-carrying capabilities. The Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is optimized to deliver full power during long low-frequency bursts, as well as maintain stable rail voltages despite fluctuating line voltage. The PLM Series also offers extreme power density, patented Intercooler cooling, a full suite of protection features, and a Power Average Limiter (PAL) to prevent tripping of mains breakers.
Load Verification and Continuous Performance Monitoring
The PLM 14000 includes a revolutionary set of tools for fast, accurate load verification and real-time performance monitoring. The key to both features is the LoadLibrary, a comprehensive database that provides unique “Fingerprints” (load characteristics) for each loudspeaker model in the system.
The PLM 14000 contains two full-featured Lake Processing modules, each offering precise settings for gain, delay, crossover slope, equalization, and limiting. Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ, the two revolutionary EQ interfaces used by the Dolby Lake Processor. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems. The Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
Lake Controller Software
Lake Controller software provides a unified interface for control and monitoring of all functions of the PLM 14000. In addition to controlling all parameters of standard Lake Processing, new versions also provide control and monitoring of exclusive PLM features: digital input gain and attenuation, and load verification and performance monitoring via LoadSmart and SpeakerSafe. The Lake Controller software is optimized for a wireless Tablet PC. The same Lake Controller interface can be used to operate Dolby Lake Processors, Lake Contour, and Lake Mesa Quad EQ processors as part of a unified system.
Dante Digital Audio Network
The PLM Series Powered Loudspeaker Management systems are equipped as standard with Dante, a self-configuring digital audio networking solution from Audinate® of Australia. Based on the newest developments in networking technology, Dante provides reliable, sample-accurate audio distribution over Ethernet with extremely low latency. Dante incorporates Zen, an automatic device discovery and system configuration protocol which enables PLM Series products and other products with Dante (like Dolby Lake Processors) to find each other on the network and configure themselves.
The advanced technology of Lake Processing provides unparalleled power to shape and optimize sound in a variety of environments, regardless of loudspeaker system, the venue size or acoustics, or the program material.
Techical Specifications Overview
- 7000 W per channel @ 2 ohms**
- 4350 W per channel @ 4 ohms**
- 2U chassis weighing only 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Class TD output stage
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS)
- Copper-finned Intercooler with transverse-mounted output devices
- Full suite of protection and fault monitoring features
- Comprehensive loudspeaker preset database
- LoadLibrary load “Fingerprint” (identity and characteristics) data
- Comprehensive LoadSmart load verification and SpeakerSafe™ continuous loudspeaker
- performance monitoring
- Dante low-latency digital network included as standard
- Compatible with Lake LM 26, Dolby Lake Processor and other legacy Dolby Lake devices
- Primary and secondary network connections
- Digitally controlled ”amplifier gain” adjustable in 0.1 dB steps from 22 to 44 dB
- Digital output attenuation in 0.25 dB steps from -inf to 0 dB
- Dual Binding post or Neutrik speakON® (2 x NLT4) power output connectors
- Digitally implemented, zero-overshoot Inter-Sample Voltage Peak Limiting (ISVPL™) adjustable in 0.1 V steps from 17.8 to 193 V
- Power Average Limiter (PAL)
- High-brightness front-panel LCD display
- Moisture resistant silicone touchpad for front-panel display mode selection and menu navigation
** More power available when driven asymmetrically.