LA-RAK Modular Touring Rack
The LA-RAK combines in a 9U frame three LA8 amplified controllers, two I/O patch panels for signal and network distribution, and a power distribution panel. A dolly board is included for moving the LA-RAK.
Two coupling bars allow assembly with another LA-RAK or a flying frame.
- Modular touring rack designed for all L-ACOUSTICS systems
- Hosts 3xLA8 for maximum drive flexibility and power
- Analog Signal, Network and Power distribution panels
- Engineered 9U frame allows flying and rigging
- Compatible with legacy cabling standards
- Universal platform to ease L-ACOUSTICS Rental Network cross rental
- AES/EBU Standard on LA8 and LA-RAK
The LA8 amplified controller belongs to the new generation of high-end integrated controllers entirely dedicated to the comprehensive operation of L-ACOUSTICS loudspeaker systems. The LA8 combines in a 2U lightweight chassis the resources of a 2 x 4 DSP engine driving four channels of amplification delivering up to 1800 W each, a storage capacity of 99 presets, a user-friendly front panel interface, two I/O Ethernet connection ports for network remote control, a connection panel for audio inputs and speaker outputs, and a digital I/O audio network optional slot.
- Cutting edge loudspeaker amplification, DSP, network
- High-grade 24 bit A/D converters, 130 dB dynamic range
- 96 kHz/32 bit floating point SHARC DSP
- 4 channel high efficiency amplifier section fed by 2 inputs
- LA4: 4X1000W/4 Ohms, LA8 4X1800W/4 Ohms
- Advanced dual IIR/FIR filter algorithms
- Exclusive L-DRIVE system protection
- Complete onboard L-ACOUSTICS preset library
- LA NETWORK MANAGER 2.0 PC software for remote control & monitoring
- AES/EBU Standard on LA8 and LA-RAK
Proprietary algorithms are processed in a 32-bit floating point DSP engine at a 96 kHz sampling rate. A dedicated engineering approach combining IR and FIR filters allows generating perfectly linearized phase curves and significantly improved impulse responses for an even more natural, transparent, and realistic sound experience. Two cascaded 24-bit A/D converters at the front-end yield a ground-breaking encoding dynamic of 130 dB. The L-DRIVE protection system carries out a dual analysis of signal level in real-time and RMS. Under extreme conditions when component membranes reach the over-excursion zone or if the coil ensemble temperature reaches a critical point, L-DRIVE acts as a power regulator. As a result the amount of power delivered at any channel is adjusted to the dynamic and thermal capacity of each individual transducer. This optimizes the power resources while preserving the highest dynamic range. With a complete preset library and the possibility of creating additional user presets, the engineer is offered fingertip access to all the usual L-ACOUSTICS loudspeaker system configurations.
The four amplifier channels driven by two inputs provide optimum system flexibility. The LA4 and LA8 offer two specific power ranges (4 x 1000 watts into 4 ohms, and 4 x 1800 watts into 4 or 2.7 ohms, respectively) yielding perfect power matching to each individual L-ACOUSTICS loudspeaker system. The built-in technologies allow control of the very wide dynamic range found in live audio productions while the high-efficiency components offer superior reliability, all from a sleek ergonomic package with exceptional weight/size ratio.
The front panel user interface features extremely fast access to edit the 2 input and 4 output settings. The encoder wheel gives instant access to the user menus and the LCD screen offers real time visualization of the system parameters. Command access includes mute, gain, preset selection, plus delay and polarity settings. Navigation through the menu pages is fast and intuitive. Beside the standard on-board preset library, the engineer can design and store his own settings (initialized from a standard preset template) in one of the 10 available user locations