The PLM 20000Q Powered Loudspeaker Management system seamlessly integrates an extraordinarily powerful four-channel amplifier platform with Lake® Processing, Dante networked signal distribution.
The power amplifier platform of the PLM 20000Q integrates several new developments to maintain reliable, sustained output at unprecedented power levels. The Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is a new universal design that connects to any mains supply in the world. (Operating range is 100 V - 265 V, but new Under Voltage Limiting extends operation down to 65 V with reduced output power.) The design also incorporates power factor correction (PFC) to reduce peak current draw from the mains.
Load Verification and Continuous Performance Monitoring
The PLM 20000Q includes a revolutionary set of tools for accurate load verification and real-time performance monitoring. The key to both features is LoadLibrary, a comprehensive database that provides unique “Fingerprints” (load characteristics) for each loudspeaker model in the system.
The PLM 20000Q contains two Lake Processing modules, each offering precise settings for gain, delay, crossover slope, equalization, and limiting. Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems the Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
Lake Controller Software
Lake Controller software provides a unified interface for control and monitoring of all functions of the PLM 20000Q. In addition to controlling all parameters of standard Lake Processing, new versions also provide control and monitoring of exclusive PLM features: digital input gain and attenuation, and load verification and performance monitoring via LoadSmart and SpeakerSafe. The Lake Controller software is optimized for a wireless Tablet PC. The same Lake Controller interface can be used to operate Dolby Lake Processors, Lake Contour, and Lake Mesa Quad EQ processors as part of a unified system.
Dante Digital Audio Network
PLM Series Powered Loudspeaker Management systems are equipped with Dante, a self-configuring digital audio networking solution from Audinate of Australia. Based on the newest developments in networking technology, Dante provides reliable, sampleaccurate audio distribution over Ethernet with extremely low latency. Dante incorporates Zen, an automatic device discovery and system configuration protocol which enables PLM Series products and other Dante-enabled products to find each other on the network and configure themselves.
Tech Spec Overview
- 5000 W per channel @ 2.2 – 3.3 ohms
- 4400 W per channel @ 4 ohms
- 2U chassis weighing only 17 kg (37 lbs)
- Class TD output stage
- Universal (70 - 265 V) Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) works anywhere in the world
- Power factor correction (PFC) helps maintain full output during extended power bursts
- Copper-finned Intercooler with transverse-mounted output devices
- Comprehensive loudspeaker preset database
- LoadSmart load verification and SpeakerSafe continuous loudspeaker performance monitoring
- Dante low-latency digital network included as standard
- Compatible with Lake LM 26, Dolby Lake Processor and other legacy Lake devices
- Primary and secondary network connections
- Digitally controlled “amplifier gain” adjustable in 0.1 dB steps
- Digital output attenuation in 0.25 dB steps from -inf to 0 dB
- Binding post or Neutrik speakON output connectors
- Digitally implemented, zero-overshoot Inter-Sample Voltage Peak Limiting (ISVPL) adjustable in 0.1 V steps from 17.8 to 194 V
- Power Average Limiter (PAL) with software-controlled Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL) prevents mains fuse tripping
- Under-Voltage Limiting (UVL) enables continued operation with mains voltage sags as low as 65 V
- High-brightness front-panel LCD display
- Moisture resistant silicone touchpad